Upcoming Meetings and Events
These seminars are offered by the FAA AME Program office. Please see www.faa.gov for more information. The FAA also offers the Federal Air Surgeon's Medical Bulletin, Airman Education Programs, and a Safety Briefing. Please see their website for further information.
2016 dates are tentative and are subject to change. Please check the FAA website for more information.
|June 20-24, 2016
||Oklahoma City, OK
|July 15-17, 2016
|Sept. 8-10, 2016
|Oct. 24-28, 2016
||Oklahoma City, OK
|Dec. 2-4, 2016
PLEASE NOTE: The only FAA seminar AsMA takes registrations for is the one held in conjunction with our annual meeting in May. For all others, please see below.
* A 4-1/2 day AME seminar focused on preparing physicians to be designated as Aviation Medical Examiners. To sign up or for more information, contact your Regional Flight Surgeon.
†† Seminar sponsored by the Civil Aviation Medical Association (CAMA). It is sanctioned by the FAA and fulfills the FAA recertification training requirement. Registration may be completed through CAMA or by calling (770) 487-0100.
‡‡ A 2-1/2 day AME refresher seminar consisting of 14 hours of AME specific subjects plus 4-6 hours of subjects related to a designated theme. Registration must be made through the Oklahoma City AME Program staff. Call (405) 954-4831 or (405) 954-4830 or click here to register and provide your name, AME #, and the date & location of the refresher seminar you wish to attend.
Return to the top of the page
- Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2016; 54th Annual SAFE Symposium; DAyton Convention Center, Dayton, OH. Abstracts (300 words) can be submitted to electronically in MS Word format to the SAFE Office at email@example.com or through the SAFE web site at www.safeassociation.com, where you can also find more information about the meeting. Deadline for abstract submission is July 25, 2016.
- June 22-24, 2016; XXIX National Congress of AIMAS; Trieste, Italy. For more information, please contact Maj (MD) Paola Verde, +39 06 91293471, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.aimas.it.
- August 20-24, 2016; American College of Preventive Medicine (ACPM) 29th Annual Board Review Course; Hyatt Regency, Baltimore, MD. This is an opportunity to prepare for the American Board of Preventive Medicine (ABPM) certification and re-certification examination. For more information, please visit http://www.acpm.org/page/RC_Home.
- September 12-13, 2016; 2nd International Conference on Influenza; Courtyard Berlin City Center, Berlin, Germany. For more information, please visit http://influenza.conferenceseries.com/.
- September 15-18, 2016; 5th European Congress of Aerospace Medicine; Oslo, Norway. Jointly sponsored by the European Society of Aerospace Medicine, Norwegian Association of Aerospace Medicine, and the Aerospace Medical Association. For more information, please see https://www.asma.org/annual-meetings/oslo-norway-5th-european-congress-of-aerospace-med.
- September 22-24, 2016; 5th international conference on Predictive preventive and Personalized Medicine & molecular diagnostics 2016; Phoenix, AZ. For more information, please visit http://personalizedmedicine.conferenceseries.com/.
- September 26-30, 2016; the International Astronautical Federation's (IAF's) 67th International Astronautical Congress (IAC); Guadalajara, Mexico. Co-organizers are the International Institute of Space Law and the International Academy of Astronautics. The meeting will be hosted by the Mexican Space Agency. The theme will be 'Making Space Accessible and Affordable to All Countries.' For more information, please visit http://iac2016.org/.
- September 27-28, 2016; the Aviation Health Conference 2016; London, UK. For more information, please see the program at http://www.quaynote.com/conference/2328/.
- October 3-5, 2016; 4th International Conference on Geriatrics and Gerontology; London, UK. The theme of the conference is “Emerging Paradigm shifts in Global Aging Science.” For more information, please visit http://geriatrics-gerontology.conferenceseries.com/.
- October 10-11, 2016; International Conference on Molecular Biology; Dubai, UAE. For more information, please visit http://molecularbiology.conferenceseries.com/.
- Oct. 31-Nov. 2, 2016; 54th Annual SAFE Symposium; Dayton Convention Center, Dayton, OH. For more information, please visit http://www.safeassociation.com/index.cfm/page/symposium-overview.
- Nov. 15-17, 2016; SPACECOM - Space Commerce Conference and Exposition; Houston, TX. For more information, please visit http://www.spacecomexpo.com.
Return to the top of the page
- April 4-6, 2017; Arvind Chaturvedi Colloquium on Postmortem Forensic Toxicology in Aviation; Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center, Civil Aerospace Medical Institute, Federal Aviation Administration, Oklahoma City, OK. Individuals interested in attending must submit a completed registration form (PDF) to Kristi Craft by December 16, 2016. For more information, please see the Colloquium announcement.
Some documents on this page require Adobe Acrobat® Reader. Acrobat® Reader may be obtained for free from the Adobe web site by following the link below.