Denver Tourist & Travel Information
The meeting in 2017 will be at the Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel in Denver, CO, from April 29 to May 4, 2017.
Sheraton Denver Downtown Hotel,
The following information was taken from the Sheraton’s web site (http://www.sheratondenverdowntown.com/things-to-do-in-denver-colorado
) and from Visit Denver (http://www.denver.org/
). The hotel is near a 12-block pedestrian walkway leading to shopping, dining, and entertainment. There are also complimentary shuttles.
You can find out more about transportation in and around Denver at http://www.denver.org/about-denver/transportation/
- Airport: the nearest airport is Denver International (DEN), which is about 20 miles east of the city center. It is served by a variety of airlines, including Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, American, British Airways, Delta, JetBlue, Southwest, United, and Virgin America. Ground transportation information can be found at the Ground Transportation Information Counter, which is located in the central area on Level 5 of Jeppesen Terminal. Counter hours are 6:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. daily. They can be contacted via phone at (303) 342-4059 or via email at email@example.com. Transportation options to and from the airport include:
- The University of Colorado A Line: 8 stations total, including Union Station and the Denver Airport station;
- Super Shuttle: 1-800 258-3826;
- Fox Limo Service: 303-882-0525;
- Denver Yellow Cab: 303-777-7777;
- Metro Taxi: 303-333-3333; or
- Freedom Cab: 303-444-4444.
- RTD Light Rail: http://www.rtd-denver.com/GoogleTripPlanner.shtml. Over 30 stations, including near the Sheraton: 16th Street & Stout, 16th Street & California, and Union Station.
- RTD Buses: http://www.rtd-denver.com/GoogleTripPlanner.shtml. Local area bus service.
There are a variety of things to see in downtown Denver. For some ideas, visit http://www.denver.org/things-to-do/itineraries/?close=1
and click on ‘Denver Tours & Itineraries’ on the left. You can also check out ‘Day Trips & Around Colorado’ in the same section.
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts: 1101 13th St, 80204; (303) 893-4100; http://www.denvercenter.org/. A not-for-profit providing a showcase for live theater, plays, Broadway productions, acting classes, and rental facilities.
- Art District on Santa Fe: Santa Fe Drive between Alameda and 12th Avenues; http://www.artdistrictonsantafe.com/support-us/about-us/. A non-profit corporation dedicated to the arts. It offers monthly art walks and other art-related events. The District is home to nearly 80 galleries and coffee shops.
- Denver Art Museum: 100 W 14th Ave Pkwy; (720) 865-5000; http://www.denverartmuseum.org. Located in the Civic Center, it is one of the largest art museums between Chicago and the West Coast and has a collection of more than 70,000 works divided into 10 permanent collections.
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science: 2001 Colorado Blvd.; (303) 370-6000; http://www.denver.org/listings/Denver-Museum-of-Nature-Science/3888/. Explore the cosmos, learn about gems and minerals, visit IMAX and the planetarium, and visit the Prehistoric Journey exhibition.
These are just suggestions of places to go.
- 15/Fifty Restaurant & Lounge: http://www.sheratondenverdowntown.com/15FIFTY. In the Sheraton Downtown. The restaurant is open 6-11 AM for breakfast daily and 4-10 PM Sunday-Thursday for dinner; the lounge is open 4-10 PM daily. American fare.
- 16Mix Downtown Denver Bar: http://www.sheratondenverdowntown.com/16-mix-downtown-denver-bars. In the Sheraton Downtown. Open daily from 11 AM to 2 AM. Features an open-air pavilion. American Fusion.
- 5280 Burger Bar: Denver Pavilions, 500 16th St.; (303) 825-1020; http://www.5280burgerbar.com/. Creative burgers, housemade ice cream, and craft beer. Casual.
- Appaloosa Grill: 535 16th St., #110; (720) 932-1700; http://appaloosagrill.com/. Employee-owned bar offering American comfort food and nightly live music.
- Bayou Bob’s: 1635 Glenarm Pl.; (303) 573-6828; http://www.bayoubobs.com. Offers Southern cuisine such as Cajun food and deep-fried turkey.
- Corner Bakery Café: Denver Pavilions, 500 16th St.; (303) 572-0166; http://www.cornerbakerycafe.com/. Casual café offering sandwiches, pasta, and pastries.
- Delectable Egg: 1625 Court Pl.; (303) 892-5720; http://www.delectableegg.com/. Diner-like and casual, specializing in American breakfasts and lunches.
- Earl’s Kitchen & Bar: 1600 Glenarm Pl., Unit 140; (303) 595-3275; https://earls.ca/locations/glenarm. Upscale eatery serving gourmet burgers, comfort food, cocktails, wines, and beers.
- Greedy Hamster, The: 323 14th St.; (303) 623-2818; http://thegreedyhamster.com/. Bar and eatery offering small plates, cocktails, and wine.
- Henry’s Tavern: 500 16th St., #184b; (720) 399-8466; http://www.henrystavern.com/location.php?c=denver. An American bar and grill.
- Maggiano’s Little Italy: Denver Pavilions, 500 16th St.; (303) 260-7707; http://locations.maggianos.com/colorado/denver/80202/500-16th-st-/. Serving classic Italian fare family style in a semi-upscale environment.
- Marlowe’s: 501 16th St.; (303) 595-3700; http://www.marlowesdenver.com. Grill offering casual American food with a patio and picture windows.
- Novo Coffee: 1600 Glenarm Pl.; (303) 999-0077; http://novocoffee.com/. Coffee café serving snacks, pour-overs, and espresso drinks.
- Off Sixteenth: Main floor of the Crowne Plaza at 1450 Glenarm Pl.; https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/denver/dendt/hoteldetail/dining. Casual dining; offers steaks, seafood, pasta, and regional Colorado cuisine.
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea: http://www.sheratondenverdowntown.com/Peets-Coffee. In the Sheraton Downtown. Offering coffee, tea, and pastries.
- Pizza Colore Express: 1647 Court Pl.; (303) 534-2111; https://pizzeriacolore.com/. A pizzeria serving New York-style pies, pasta, and sandwiches.
- The Place: Main floor of the Crowne Plaza at 1450 Glenarm Pl.; https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hotels/us/en/denver/dendt/hoteldetail/dining. A lounge offering an extensive beverage menu, sandwiches, burgers, soups and salads, and local Denver cuisine.
- Yard House: 1555 Court Place; (303) 572-9273; http://www.yardhouse.com/locations/co/denver/denver-sheraton-downtown/8329. High end sports bar offering American fare and draft beers.
- Zoup!: http://www.sheratondenverdowntown.com/zoup-denver. In the Sheraton Downtown. Offers homemade soup with rotating daily varieties.