Upcoming Meetings and Events
These seminars are offered by the FAA AME Program office. Please see www.faa.gov for more information. The FAA also offers the Federal Air Surgeon's Medical Bulletin, Airman Education Programs, a Safety Briefing, and the FAA Aviation News. Please see their website for further information.
|July 17-19, 2015
|Oct. 8-10, 2015
||Fort Worth, TX
|Oct. 26-30, 2015
||Oklahoma City, OK
|Nov. 20-22, 2015
||St. Louis, MO
PLEASE NOTE: The only FAA seminar AsMA takes registrations for is the one held in conjunction with our annual meeting in May. For all others, please see below.
* A 4-1/2 day AME seminar focused on preparing physicians to be designated as Aviation Medical Examiners. To sign up or for more information, contact your Regional Flight Surgeon.
†† Seminar sponsored by the Civil Aviation Medical Association (CAMA). It is sanctioned by the FAA and fulfills the FAA recertification training requirement. Registration may be completed through CAMA or by calling (770) 487-0100.
‡ HIMS AME Refresher Training. Registration is limited to HIMS AMEs. Click here to register and provide your name, AME #, and the date & location of the refresher seminar you wish to attend.
‡‡ A 2-1/2 day AME refresher seminar consisting of 14 hours of AME specific subjects plus 4-6 hours of subjects related to a designated theme. Registration must be made through the Oklahoma City AME Program staff. Call (405) 954-4831 or (405) 954-4830 or click here to register and provide your name, AME #, and the date & location of the refresher seminar you wish to attend.
AP/HF = Aviation Physiology/Human Factors
Cardio = Cardiology
Neuro = Neurology
O/O/E = Opthalmology/Otolaryngology/Endocrinology
Return to the top of the page
Upcoming Calls for Papers
- November 2-4, 2015; 53rd Annual SAFE Symposium; Caribe Royale Hotel & Convention Center, Orlando, FL. Call for Papers: Deadline for abstract submission is July 24, 2015. For more information, please visit http://www.safeassociation.com/index.cfm/page/symposium-overview or read the Call for Papers (pdf file).
- November 2-4, 2015; International Air Safety Summit (IASS); Miami, FL. Brief abstracts (up to 200 words) and a 1-page resume or CV with contact information are due no later than June 27, 2015. Submissions can be elecronic, by email attachment (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax to 1-703-739-6708. For more information, please click here for the Call for Papers.
- November 10-12, 2015; The XI International Scientific and Practical Conference “Manned Space Flights”; Star City, Russia. Abstract deadline for international participants is July 7, 2015. For more information, please visit http://msf2015starcity.com/en/.
- June 22-26, 2015; 6th Pan American Aviation Safety Summit; Intercontinental Hotel Medellin, Medellin, Columbia. For more information or to register, please visit http://www.alta.aero/safety/2015/home.php.
- July 1-3, 2015; XXVIII National Congress of AIMAS; Expo-Fiera Milano, Milan, Italy. For more information, please visit www.aimas.it or contact Maj. Paola Verde.
- July 22-24, 2015; Pandemics, Bioterrorism. and International Security; George Mason University Campus, Arlington, VA. For more information, please see the course flyer; to register, please visit http://spgia.gmu.edu/programs/executive-education/summer-program-international-security/.
- September 29-30, 2015; Aviation Health Conference; Millennium Gloucester Hotel, London, UK. For more information please visit: http://www.quaynote.com/ankiti/www/?code=AVHealth15.
- October 12-16, 2015; 66th International Astronautical Congress (IAC 2015); Jerusalem, Israel. For more information, please click on the image below.
Return to the top of the page
- October 26-30, 2015; 2015 International Annual Meeting of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society; JW Marriott Los Angeles at L.A. Live. For more information, please visit https://www.hfes.org/Web/HFESMeetings/2015annualmeeting.html.
- December 3-5, 2015; First UAE International Symposium on Air Sport Medicine; sponsored by the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale, Lausanne, Switzerland. This symposium is being held as part of the FAI World Air Games Dubai 2015 from Dec. 1-12. For more information, please visit http://www.worldairgames.aero/.
Some documents on this page require Adobe Acrobat® Reader. Acrobat® Reader may be obtained for free from the Adobe web site by following the link below.