87th Annual Scientific Meeting of the Aerospace Medical Association
April 24-28, 2016
Atlantic City, NJ
Advance Registration is Now Closed.
Onsite Registration Begins Sunday, April 24 at 9:00 AM on the Avalon Level of the Harrah's Conference Center
Room Reservations within the AsMA Room Block Are Now CLOSED
NOTICE: The AsMA room block at the Harrah's Resort Hotel is sold out. Harrah's is now offering rooms for our meeting at the prevailing room rates for each night. Please call the Harrah's Resort Hotel reservation line at 1-888-516-2215 to make room reservations at the prevailing rates.
Tour of FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center Available
Thanks to the efforts of Dr. Harriet Lester, AsMA Arrangements Chairperson, and Ms. Shelley Yak, Technical Center Director, an opportunity exists for US citizens attending the 87th Annual Scientific Meeting to tour the FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center. The tour is scheduled for Friday, April 29, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM. A bus dedicated for the tour will depart the Harrah’s Resort Hotel at 8:30 AM. Due to the lead time required to clear non-US citizens, only US citizens may sign up for this free Technical Center tour.
AsMA is sponsoring one commercial bus for this event with a capacity of 55 passengers. Once we have 55 registrants for the tour, we cannot accept any more. You may register for the tour of the FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center by selecting the link below and completing the online registration form. All members of your group must register separately to facilitate clearance by the Technical Center.
The FAA William J. Hughes Technical Center (Technical Center) is one of the nation's premier aviation research, development, test and evaluation facilities. Its world-class laboratories and top-notch engineering place the Technical Center at the forefront of the FAA's challenge to modernize the U.S. air transportation system. The Technical Center serves as the FAA national scientific test base for research and development, test and evaluation, and verification and validation in air traffic control, communications, navigation, airports, aircraft safety, and security. The Technical Center is the primary facility supporting the nation's Next Generation Air Transportation System, called NextGen.
Located 10 miles northwest of Atlantic City, and covering over 5,000 acres, the Technical Center consists of state-of-the art laboratories, test facilities, support facilities, the Atlantic City International Airport (ACY), and a non-commercial aircraft hangar. The Technical Center is also home to the Department of Homeland Security, Transportation Security Lab, and the United States Coast Guard Group Air Station Atlantic City, as well as the New Jersey Air National Guard 177th Fighter Wing. While the Technical Center serves to advance aviation, it is a key focal point for Homeland Security as well.
If your schedule allows, please consider signing up for this tour opportunity.
For those driving to the meeting, AsMA has negotiated free self-parking at Harrah’s and a one-time $10 fee for valet parking.
- From Philadelphia Airport: Trip Advisor has some good directions for getting to Atlantic City from Philly via car, train, bus, or airport shuttle & limo service.
- Tropiano Airport Shuttle provides shuttle transportation between Philadelphia International Airport and Atlantic City. Prices are $55 for one person, $50 per person for groups of 2 or more. All shuttles require reservations at 1-800-559-2040
- Rapid Rover Airport Shuttle: Rapid Rover is your Atlantic City connection. From the airport , retrieve your luggage and report to the Ground Transportation counter in the baggage claim area. Dial 21 on the courtesy phone and the Rapid Rover dispatcher will place you on the next available shuttle. Prices vary depending on the number of passengers scheduled for the shuttle van.
- From Newark’s Liberty International Airport: Trip Advisor’s forum has some suggestions of how to get to Atlantic City from Newark. There is the choice of the AirTrain or taking a bus or train to New York City’s Port Authority and taking a bus to Atlantic City.
- From Atlantic City Airport: Airlines that fly into Atlantic City are Spirit and Choice Aire. You can take a taxi or Jitney or rent a car.
United Airlines Discount Tickets Available
U.S. 50 States & Canada Customers: call your professional travel agency, book online via united.com or call United Reservations Meetings Desk at 800-426-1122 and provide the Z Code ZVUY and Agreement Code 442327. For all tickets issued through United Meetings Reservations Desk, there will be a booking service fee per ticket collected. This fee is subject to change without notice. Such service fee is nonrefundable and applies to all itineraries, one-way or round-trip.
Passengers outside the U.S. 50 States & Canada: call your professional travel agency, book online via united.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your preferred itinerary, Agreement Code 442327 and meeting Z Code ZVUY. Please allow 24 hours for email requests to be processed.
Travel agency bookings: To avoid debit memos and ensure tracking for United Meetings Rewards, the Z-code ZVUY must appear in the Tour Code box. Note: Do not add letters “IT” in the Tour Code box or any other information in the Tour Code box other than the Z-code. Visit United Meetings Policies and Procedures page included in this agreement for more information.
Advantage Rental Car Discount
Advantage Rent A Car will be offering great rates on a rental cars throughout the year, throughout the US. The offer provides a 10% discount off their already low internet rates. Choose from a wide variety of vehicles from a new fleet of vehicles – compact to luxury cars and SUVs. Click the link below to book your car. Please also feel free to reach out to our Advantage Rent A Car representative, Patti Williams. She can be reached at email@example.com
Continuing education opportunities
- The Aerospace Medical Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide Continuing Medical Education for physicians. The Aerospace Medical Association designates this live education activity for a maximum of 24 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- The Aerospace Medical Association is authorized by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA), via the American Osteopathic College of Occupational and Preventive Medicine (AOCOPM), to provide continuing medical education for osteopathic physicians. The American Osteopathic Association Administrative Committee on CME approved the Aerospace Medical Association (AsMA) 87th Annual Scientific Meeting, scheduled for April 24-28, 2016, for 24 AOA Category 1-B credits. Each physician should claim only those credits that he/she actually spent in the activity.
- This Live activity, 87th Annual Scientific Meeting, with a beginning date of 04/24/2016, has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to (TBA) Prescribed credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.