Job Fair and Classifieds
1. Preventive Medicine and Community Health (PMCH) at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB Health) in Galveston, TX, seeks a physician for work within the aerospace industry. Position will support the UTMB subcontract with Wyle, the prime contractor for the Bioastronautics Contract at NASA JSC in Houston, TX. Physicians will be appointed to the faculty of the UTMB School of Medicine.
Physician/Flight Surgeon – Medical & Contingency (UTMB Position #36479)
• Provide medical expertise and knowledge for development of medical requirements, procedures, processes, medical monitoring for U.S. astronaut testing, medical evaluation, and assist with crew medical officer training in Star City, Russia, and/or Mission Control Center-Houston as required;
• Provide primary acute care for U.S. astronauts, their dependents, NASA personnel on deployment, and their dependents in Star City, Russia, and coordinate when required with appropriate contract medical facilities in Moscow for medical services or medical evaluation;
• Assist with crew medical officer training in Star City, Russia, and in the U.S. as required and provide medical monitoring for U.S. astronaut testing, medical evaluation, and hazardous activities training in Russia, and support training and procedures development in the U.S.
• Provide medical inputs to JSC colleagues to assure optimal development and implementation of astronaut medical training for the ISS program. Work in Star City, Russia (ranging 2 months – 4 months), and JSC–Houston
All candidates must have a degree in medicine (M.D. or D.O.) with ABMS-recognized board certification or eligibility in a clinical specialty. Current (or ability to obtain) unrestricted Texas medical license, DEA, and Texas DPS controlled substances certifications within 6 months of hire. Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
Send inquiries and/or a detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact (409) 772-5845.
UTMB Health is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution which proudly values diversity. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
A classified ad form is available for download. For more information on advertising in the journal, please contact either Pam Day or Rachel Trigg.